Who are we?REA came to life just over 20 years ago born out of an idea from two guys in a garage and in that time we have shaped the online experience for anyone and everyone who cares about property. Whilst we live in Australia, we’ve also got ventures in Asia and North America, and have the vision of expanding our footprint further. In Australia, our primary website realestate.com.au and the REA app creates beautiful experiences for consumers (renters, home buyers, vendors, investors, you name it we have the market covered!) We build experiences that keep us at the top of the list of engaging online sites. Our purpose is to empower people by making property simple, efficient and stress-free and this is at the heart of everything we do. We are a fast-paced, dynamic organisation where knowledge, collaboration, connection and creativity are the currency. We believe our competitive advantage comes from engaging the passion and creativity of each and every one of our employees
If you ask our people why they love REA, you’ll hear phrases like: “love what I do”, “people before process”, “I can be myself”, “it’s ok to speak up” and “they’ve got my back”.
What’s on offer?
To continue to be an awesome company, we need great people to bring our purpose to life by delivering cutting-edge products across all our websites and mobile apps. We are looking for talented grads wanting to make the impossible possible.Our Design team are experts in ideation, problem solving and design execution. Working closely with every single part of the business, they are responsible for defining amazing user experience (UX) solutions and user interfaces for online and native mobile/tablet experiences.The graduate program will see you embedded in Agile teams where you will work closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Developers. You will gain exposure to collaborative concept development, creating wireframes and prototypes, visual design, and planning user research with our UX Research department.
What are we looking for?
If you are passionate about creating beautiful sites and apps, we are looking for:
The application process Once you have submitted your application, we’ll be all hands on deck reviewing what you have sent us. Our process includes:
- Someone who can apply deep analytical thinking to solve complex problems
- You love designing products and experiences that exceed our consumers' expectations
- You have innate curiosity and a love of learning
- You are driven to do something that is both cool and which actually makes a difference- i.e. get that product shipped!
- A passion for user experience and design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), HCI, CS, a related field, or completion of a Degree, General Assembly, AcademyXi intensive program or equivalent practical experience
- You'll need to have your Full Australian Working Rights in advance of the Program start date
- Application and resume screening,
- Gamified cognitive testing,
- Video interviewing,
- Assessment day where we will conduct technical and cultural fit interviews.
Please submit your application and resume by 10th April 2018.