We are an Australian-based digital media company with a passion for real estate. Our leading brand is Australia’s biggest property resource, realestate.com.au. We also operate the number one commercial property site, realcommercial.com.au, and have businesses that help property developers and other brands advertise with us. Whilst we live in Australia, we’ve also got ventures in Asia, Europe and North America, and have the vision of expanding our footprint further. What it’s like to work for us…Our people are our greatest asset. Without them, we would not be the successful business that we are today. That’s why we offer a range of benefits to ensure we hire and retain great staff.We offer:
- Australian digital business listed in the ASX Top 100 with a growing global footprint and strategy
- Lean and agile working environment with investment in new and emerging technology
- Community engagement program focused on homelessness
What we’re looking for…As Managing Editor-News, sitting within the Content team in the Marketing and Media Line of business, you will be responsible for driving the editorial strategy for REA’s News and Property Guides experience. We are looking for a passionate journalist with a love of all things property. You will have a strong understanding of News and its complimentary content and what makes for highly sharable, engaging content. You will manage a team of internal writers, partner editorial teams and external contributors and influencers to expand the content base and position REA as the leader in property news. The Managing Editor – News must have a strong contact network to ensure REA’s content offering remains fresh and engaging.To do this, we a need someone who can…
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs, including boxing, yoga and meditation classes, a relaxation pod and weekly massages.
- A day off for volunteer leave, to ensure you have the opportunity to give back to your community.
- An Employee Community Grants program to show you that we care about your community just as much as you do.
- Quarterly Hack Days so you can bring your ideas to life.
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and expertise. We need someone who is going to fit in with the team and company culture. That means you also need to have…
- Develop, manage and execute the content strategy for realestate.com.au’s News section
- Manage REA’s content sharing agreements to ensure delivery of audience development and traffic targets, locally and internationally
- Manage amplification of News and Advice content across owned and paid channels
- Consider commercialisation opportunities of content
- Editorial sign off on News and Advice content and ensuring content is optimized to SEO principles on a daily basis
- Liaise with Content and Marketing Teams to optimise storytelling and media opportunities
- Regular reporting and analysis of content effectiveness, offering recommendations to stakeholders
- Work with internal product and tech teams on best practice for content delivery, ensuring content is integrated into the REA product experience
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should throw your hat in the ring. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience within digital media, marketing and content integration, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications
- Editorial experience in news / magazine environment including strategy, oversight and team management
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience creating and / or curating content (demonstrated ability to understand content aggregation)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works productively in a very fast paced and agile environment